Saturday, November 5, 2016

Salmon River Fishing, Pulaski, September 23, 2016

We headed to the Salmon River to do some early salmon run fishing. We went directly to the town pool because we heard most other areas were pretty full. When we got there around 7:30 am, there was still plenty of room near the bridge.


There were many hook ups around us, yells of "fish on" and actual fish caught. I got two really hard hits while I was there on the standard egg sac set up with 20 lb line. Most everyone knew what they were doing except for the woman next to me that I had to keep watching for. She showed up in sneakers and jeans and kept getting wound around me and other people. This is the one place I would do research for before attempting to go. It is too dangerous to just show up and think you will wing it. I managed to get a decent video of the guy across from me catching a salmon. He let it play a lot longer than other people and chased it a lot farther so I doubt all this was fully necessary but it was fun to watch.




No comments:

Post a Comment