Monday, July 20, 2015

Shore Fishing Oneida Lake in Brewerton, May 12, 2015

There are two very popular designated fishing areas under route 81 in Brewerton  (see http://blog.syracuse.com/outdoors/2012/06/shoreline_hot_spots.html).
                               
They are popular for walleye fishing early in the season because the area is located at the opening of Oneida River into Oneida Lake. The South side has access on rocks and the North side has a path to a nice deck. We went to the deck around 6 pm and it was super windy. The noise from the cars above did not make it very enjoyable. On top of that, the wind knocked my tackle box into the water and me in all my infinite wisdom, sent my wife the wrong way down the stream to retrieve it. While she waited and stared at me and the box, I ran over some rocks and retrieved what I could with the net. My tackle box was the most we caught all night long. I had several nibbles near the end of the platform in a weeded area near the cement but no takers. As we left, some serious guys with headlamps and buckets showed up and we gathered we may have come too early in the day for the Walleye to be in shallower water.

At around 8 pm we moved to the dock by Route 11 in front of the Waterfront Tavern (see below).

                                       

Sadly, not even a bite here. 



No comments:

Post a Comment