Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Shore Fishing Oneida River, Rte 11, Brewerton, July 2015

I have to mention this area because a lot of people go there and it is easily accessible and actually lit all night long BUT in all of the times I've went, I caught one sole small SM Bass and nothing else. It is located off of Walnut Street near Route 11. There is parking and plenty of fishing access along the walkway.


We have seen several large fish of different varieties swim by but not a one of them interested in anything we have to offer. The local bait shop said that at other times of the year, "you can fill buckets". The only hits I've had has been on worms near the edge of the walkway and the small bass caught on a jig. 

However, we did get a picture of Venus and Jupiter when they were visible in the sky together for the first time in 2000 years. That was pretty cool.


In sum, I really like this area, I just wish we'd catch something!

No comments:

Post a Comment