Friday, August 28, 2015

Shore Fishing Green Lakes State Park in Fayetteville, August 28, 2015

Today we tried the other side of Green Lakes (see previous posts for a map  http://www.fishingcentralny.com/2015/07/shore-fishing-green-lakes-state-park-in.html). There was actually a lot of area to fish it is just a longer walk with the fishing gear. There is an area with a tree down that was prime with fish.


I wasn't getting any bites on worms with a spinner and I could see junior bass up close near the ledges of the shore watching my worm. So out of a hunch, I threw in a texas rig (for more information see  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_rig) and got a nice bass in deep water right away. I was a little surprised at first and lucky I knew to set the hook because the hit did not feel hard because it was so deep down and I wasn't even sure I had a fish.


Besides a small pumpkinseed I got when I switched back to a worm with no spinner, it was all that hit. 








No comments:

Post a Comment