Saturday, August 1, 2015

Shore Fishing at Oneida Shores County Park, July 29, 2015

There were two decent areas I found for shore fishing. One is the shoreline near the camping area and one was the boat docks. Without camping, the shoreline near the camping area meant paying to get into the main park and walking from the main park or parking in the camping area. It is very weedy and shallow on the shoreline so I tried weedless jigs with Berkeley bubblegum crawlers.


It was pretty to sit in this area and available because there were no campers but I got no hits. So, I moved to the boat docks. The boat docks were also shallow and I brought up lots of weeds. I've said this in other posts but I have never had any luck shore fishing the Oneida Lake or River. I have the best luck in the Oswego River. Today was no exception. 


If you strike out like me on Oneida Lake, you can soothe your ego by riding some fish in the park.




No comments:

Post a Comment